Why I’m a Geek.
Top 15 (or more) Quasi-Surefire Indicators of Geekdom and why I will probably die alone.
1. I’m a former Camp Hyrule camper.
2. My phone’s wallpaper rotates between SSB:Brawl, LoZ:WW, WoW:BC, Star Wars, and FFVII:AC. My ringtone:Final Fantasy VII victory fanfare. Yes, I stole the idea from the Tifa fight scene in Advent Children.
3. I read digg. and kotaku. and other things.
4. When I was 12, I co-wrote a radio play for english class with my friend Jay. The title: Journey to Ravenloft. The theme music: ripped from
Actraiser on the SNES.
5. My main rig is named after the Ark‘s computer from Transformers.
6. My laptop was named after my main rig, except with a “2” designation. Yes, Teletraan-2.
7. The C: and D: drives in Teletraan-One are named RX78MkII and GP02, respectively.
8. The first MMORPG I played was probably Gemstone III. 1996. Text-based. Or LORD on the BBSes. (Technically a MUD and a Door Game, but whatevs)
9. My favorite novels growing up: Dragonlance
10. I made my own dark Jedi costume.. aslo I’ve made my own wizard hat… see next point.
11. Halloween costume last year and 2 years previous: Black Mage from Final Fantasy I.
12. I went to the Nobuo Uematsu “More Friends: Music from FInal Fantasy” concert… alone.
13. Last thing I bought from ebay: a 2ft tall Yoda plush.
14. One of my favorite movies growing up: Conan the Barbarian
15. My screen name is inspired by RoninWarriors/Samurai Yoroiden Troopers.
16. With the exception of my laptop and my very first comp, I’ve built every computer I’ve owned.
17. When Episode I came out, an old roommate and I choreographed a lightsaber duel and practiced in the kitchen of our dorm. He had a
Qui-Gon saber. I had an ROTJ Luke saber.
18. During the intermission of aforementioned Final Fantasy concert, I killed time by playing Super Puzzle Fighter on my GBA SP Classic
edition, thereby winning the admiration of all other geeks in a 3 foot radius
19. The Fellowship of the Rig
20. An awesome present: http://www.axiomtoolworks.com/encarda.htm. I, however, would graciously accept donations to the “In need of a tatoo on the left shoulder” fund.
21. Lumos : Shirak :: Nox : Dulak – If you know why this holds true, you will get mad props. Like, mad.
It’s a neverending list. Please, Bastian. Say my name.
Why I’m a Geek.